I think I just converted my Berkeley database to MySQL. I'm not entirely sure. I did get the "Done copying data from Berkeley DB to your SQL database! All went well." message, so I think that part of the conversion worked.
I'm just not sure if I am currently using MySQL or if I'm somehow still hooked into the Berkeley database.
And I'm not sure how to tell.
Uh ... yeah. But STILL - I converted my damn database (mostly) all by myself (thanks, John!).
ETA: Dear god, I think it worked. I just checked my SQL database and the last row in the table is for entry #689 - and that's this one.
I am honestly STUNNED.
Oh, and for anyone on GoDaddy who is attempting to upgrade Movable Type from Berkeley to MySQL, the glitch I found was that the password for your MySQL database must match the password for your Berkeley database. At first I was using two different passwords, and I could not get access to the server. But as soon as I made all the passwords the same (i.e. the SQL db had the same password as my GoDaddy user account), everything went swimmingly.Posted by Highwaygirl on July 2, 2005 12:01 AM to the category Geek Love